The idea of this blog is to share ideas for using hand-made pots to serve good food.

Eating with friends and family is one of life’s greatest pleasures. I hope to show how the warmth and character of hand made ceramics can really enhance the pleasure of cooking, serving and eating food.

This blog will include pots from other potters as well as my own and recipes for the food which I enjoy, hoping that you will like it too.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Celery and Lemon Soup

Today I made celery and lemon soup.
  
Last summer I met another potter/cook, Linda Dangoor, at the Art in Action show.  I bought her book, Flavours of Babylon, which describes how to make delicious preserved lemons.  I was looking for ways of  using them and came up with this soup.

It is actually quite light and summery, but was good as a starter, even in this season.

I served the soup in some bowls by Nigel Lambert which I bought last summer and have enjoyed using very much.


The recipe is very simple and I will post it soon.  I am hoping to create a separate recipe page on the blog for easy reference.

The ceramic lemon squeezer is one I made recently, having learned the design from German potter, Gordon Gran.  It has a lip for pouring and a series of holes under the rim to strain out the pips. Nice to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment