The idea of this blog is to share ideas for using hand-made pots to serve good food.

Eating with friends and family is one of life’s greatest pleasures. I hope to show how the warmth and character of hand made ceramics can really enhance the pleasure of cooking, serving and eating food.

This blog will include pots from other potters as well as my own and recipes for the food which I enjoy, hoping that you will like it too.

Friday 20 January 2012

My cake plate



I just remembered that I have a photo of the Rustic Plum Tart which I made from a recipe given in The Popina Book of Baking, which I mentioned in my previous post.  It also shows off my cake plate.  I am about to make some more plates like this with a high foot ring - thrown separately and joined when plate and foot are 'leather hard'.  It is interesting how different a plate is when given that bit of height - being 'put on a pedestal' somehow makes the food presented on it more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment