The idea of this blog is to share ideas for using hand-made pots to serve good food.

Eating with friends and family is one of life’s greatest pleasures. I hope to show how the warmth and character of hand made ceramics can really enhance the pleasure of cooking, serving and eating food.

This blog will include pots from other potters as well as my own and recipes for the food which I enjoy, hoping that you will like it too.

Friday 6 January 2012

Winter Fruit Platter




I tried out the winter fruit platter which I had suggested in the previous post, using prunes and apricots, cooked and steeped in a little Grand Marnier liqueur, which I happened to have.  Being an orange based liqueur, it was just right, though brandy or a sweet sherry would also be good.  I drizzled a bit of maple syrup over the oranges to add some sweetness, and it all worked together pretty well.






The platter is made by Japanese potter, Masahiro Kumagae, who exhibited in England last summer.  I first met him at the Tokyo Dome Tableware Festival and loved his pots.  He is very inventive with slab dishes of many shapes and sizes.  They are wonderful to use for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment