The idea of this blog is to share ideas for using hand-made pots to serve good food.

Eating with friends and family is one of life’s greatest pleasures. I hope to show how the warmth and character of hand made ceramics can really enhance the pleasure of cooking, serving and eating food.

This blog will include pots from other potters as well as my own and recipes for the food which I enjoy, hoping that you will like it too.

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Art in Clay, Farnham

It seems longer, but it is just over a week ago that I was exhibiting at the Art in Clay show at The Maltings in Farnham.
It was a good show and I really enjoyed catching up with other potters who I haven't seen for a while.  It is always inspirational to get out of the workshop and see what other potters are doing.

I did a pot swap with Margaret Brampton, another slipware potter.  She had made a series of these lovely bowls with a simple pea-vine motif.




By coincidence, I had been looking at recipes for pea and mint soup, so perhaps they will be good bowls to serve it in, though I think the shape is more suited to a risotto.  I have had an asparagus risotto with a pea-shoot garnish, which would look great.



I'm looking forward to using it, and will post a recipe when I've had time to try it out.
Busy making and firing pots for my Christmas Show which opens this weekend.  I'll also be doing some cooking, as I'm planning to serve some nibbles based on recipes in my calendar.
Another busy week!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked the shallow bowl. Hope you have a wonderful open studio right up 'till Christmas. The glimpse of your showroom looks good. I'm off to China tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete